- Welcome to No 5 Barrowdene House
- This ground floor apartment is situated in Barrowdene House, a grade ll listed building set within the idyllic and much sought conservation area of Barrow Bridge.
Unlike most apartments, this one has its own private access with parking directly outside, so it couldn't be more convenient and you have an additional parking space too. An enclosed courtyard garden is situated just outside your front door and you have use of the communal gardens.
- Step inside
- As you step inside No 5, you are greeted by a lovely light entrance hallway. A cupboard is built in to hide away your coats and shoes before heading into the lounge to your right.
Note the tall ceilings and large paned window, making this room feel spacious and light whilst the white walls and neutral carpet present you with a blank canvas to add your own unique style. The kitchen is a bold contrast with its dramatic black tiles and black and cream units. Here you have an integrated oven, extractor hood, and circular ceramic hob. In addition, there is plenty of space for a large fridge freezer and plumbing for your washing machine and tumble dryer. Returning to the hallway and into the bathroom. Fitted with a modern white suite including a double-ended bath and wall-mounted basin. The bedroom is just off the hallway, large enough for your king size bed and furniture. The tall ceiling and large window to the front gives this room an elegant feel, just ready for you to add your own style.
- Barrow Bridge village
- Barrow Bridge is a testament to Bolton's industrial heritage, being of outstanding historical and architectural importance. Many of the buildings and cottages remain in this conservation area and the properties listed protecting them for future generations. Barrowdene House was built in 1846 as the educational institute and library by Thomas Bazley to serve the model village of Barrow Bridge, established for workers at the nearby Dean mills. The building later became a laundry and the now the stylish apartments we see today.
- The finer details
- Efficiently self managed by Barrowdene House Management Company, the monthly charge is £33 which includes the buildings insurance and all external maintenance of the car park, lighting and gardening.
The building is grade ll listed. EPC exempt. Gas central heating. Council tax band B. Two allocated parking spaces.
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Reception
When applying for a property with Alexandra West we require our application forms to be completed in full and the following original documents bringing in for us to make a copy of. We will also request a proposed move in date for you and we will work with that to process the application.
- Last 3 months bank statements (we need to see proof of your income and of your rent being paid)
- Last 3 months wage slips
- Photographic identification – i.e. UK or EU passport; if not available, then suitable Right To Rent documents MUST be provided, as per government list (please contact us for more details)
- Proof of current address: one of the following documents: Utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill) issued within the last three months; Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year; Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months; HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year; Electoral Register entry.
- Please contact the office if you have any queries regarding the information above.
- Single applicant - £250 inclusive of vat
- Joint applicant - £300 inclusive of vat
- Each additional applicant/guarantor - £75 inclusive of vat (where applicable)
The Application Fee is only refundable if the landlord withdraws the property otherwise non-refundable
On receipt of satisfactory references you will be offered a Tenancy, you will then be required to pay additional monies prior to signing of the Tenancy Agreement. These are as follows:
- The security deposit (Bond), Deposit amounts will vary on each property and personal circumstances but will be at a minimum equalling to one month’s rent plus £100.
- Your first month’s rent
The deposit is required straight away to fully secure the property for you. The first month rent is to be paid in cleared funds such as a bankers draft or bacs 3 working days before your move in date. We are able to accept personal or company cheques, but they must be paid to us 10 working days before your move in date. We are unable to accept payment by cash.
Please be aware that all tenancies will be Joint and Several Assured Shorthold Tenancies for a minimum period of 6 months.