- Welcome to No 2 Barrowdene House
- If you're looking for a character apartment with grand proportions, high ceilings, large windows and deep skirts, but want the convenience of being able to park two cars and walk straight in through your front door ....then look no further. In need of cosmetic updating, this property has loads of potential, add a sprinkling of creativity and flair, paired with the inherent features, and this property will be ready to shine again!
- Take a tour
- Enter this two bedroom property via your own private entrance into a vestibule. Once in the inner hallway, step to your left and into the lounge. The high ceiling, large windows, and picture rails are the perfect reminder as to the history of this magnificent building. Through to the kitchen, which although is ready to be modernised, is still very usable, until you are ready to add your own style. Back into the hallway and directly in front of you is the second bedroom, dining room or office... or indeed whatever you would like it to be. Next door to this room is the master bedroom and adjacent to this is a spacious bathroom.
- Barrow Bridge Village
- Barrow Bridge is a testament to Bolton's industrial heritage, being of outstanding historical and architectural importance. Many of the buildings and cottages remain in this conservation area and the properties listed protecting them for future generations. Barrowdene House was built in 1846 as the educational institute and library by Thomas Bazley to serve the model village of Barrow Bridge, established for workers at the nearby Dean mills. The building later became a laundry and the now the stylish apartments we see today.
- The finer details
- Efficiently self-managed by Barrowdene House Management Company, the monthly charge is £39 which includes the buildings insurance and all external maintenance of the car park, lighting and gardening.
The building is grade ll listed. EPC exempt. Gas central heating. Council tax band B. Two allocated parking spaces.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Reception
When applying for a property with Alexandra West we require our application forms to be completed in full and the following original documents bringing in for us to make a copy of. We will also request a proposed move in date for you and we will work with that to process the application.
- Last 3 months bank statements (we need to see proof of your income and of your rent being paid)
- Last 3 months wage slips
- Photographic identification – i.e. UK or EU passport; if not available, then suitable Right To Rent documents MUST be provided, as per government list (please contact us for more details)
- Proof of current address: one of the following documents: Utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill) issued within the last three months; Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year; Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months; HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year; Electoral Register entry.
- Please contact the office if you have any queries regarding the information above.
- Single applicant - £250 inclusive of vat
- Joint applicant - £300 inclusive of vat
- Each additional applicant/guarantor - £75 inclusive of vat (where applicable)
The Application Fee is only refundable if the landlord withdraws the property otherwise non-refundable
On receipt of satisfactory references you will be offered a Tenancy, you will then be required to pay additional monies prior to signing of the Tenancy Agreement. These are as follows:
- The security deposit (Bond), Deposit amounts will vary on each property and personal circumstances but will be at a minimum equalling to one month’s rent plus £100.
- Your first month’s rent
The deposit is required straight away to fully secure the property for you. The first month rent is to be paid in cleared funds such as a bankers draft or bacs 3 working days before your move in date. We are able to accept personal or company cheques, but they must be paid to us 10 working days before your move in date. We are unable to accept payment by cash.
Please be aware that all tenancies will be Joint and Several Assured Shorthold Tenancies for a minimum period of 6 months.