- Welcome to Lovely Hall
- Set behind a large stone wall with its name proudly visible, this Intriguing and much admired Georgian property has graced the village of Edgworth since 1770.
Bespoke wrought iron gates slowly open to reveal the cobbled driveway and this impressive building which is Lovely Hall. The artisan lanterns guide you past the box hedge and formal gardens to the detached garage and parking at the side of the house.
From its humble beginnings, this imposing farmhouse was extended and divided into two dwellings, the farmhouse, shippon and stables. During the 60 s the shippon and stables were converted into a Cottage until the current owners acquired it along with the main house and lovingly restored them into one splendid residence. It took over two years, a team of skilled craftsman and meticulous planning to create the magnificent home we see today which has been completed to exacting standards. Carefully curated, paying respect to its inherent features and integrity, the owners have retained a Sense of history using their passion and keen eye for detail to restore the building to its original splendour.
- Let us guide you around...
- This substantial family home has an ancient quality about it epitomized by its grand entrance. As you step through the imposing blue door at the front of the beautifully balanced façade you enter the hall where the large stone flags, elegant fan light and deep skirting boards give you a glimpse of the Georgian splendour of Lovely Hall where the proportions of this impressive house are unashamedly grand. From the hallway follow us through to the right where you have the formal dining room, a sophisticated room with an authentic period feel where you are sure to host the finest of dinner parties. For the musicians among you, the perfect spot to play is the room adjacent to the dining room, alternatively this is a great play room for the children to enjoy.
There is a handy utility and separate wc on the back of the house with a porch leading out to the rear patio. As the accommodation flows back towards the hallway you pass two more rooms, currently used as studies but the options here are endless.
Before you reach the kitchen on the other side of the hall you may want to take a quick glimpse downstairs at the wine cellar, kept at the perfect humidity with bespoke oak wine racks to ensure your fine wines reach precise maturity and stay in perfect condition. Once in the kitchen the warmth from the Aga makes you feel right at home, a place to linger and chat whilst dinner is cooking or let the patio tempt you out through the double doors to catch the last of the sun whilst you enjoy a glass of wine straight from your own collection.
The bespoke, handmade cabinetry presents plenty of storage and attention has been paid to the finest detail and the little touches which matter so much, like the dovetail joints and the built in trays and discreet bin cupboard. The Fired earth Delft tiles create a practical splash back behind the AGA and tie in the colour beautifully. There is a conventional oven too and the slate surfaces in the kitchen provide lots of preparation space whilst you cook up a delight and then choose whether to eat here or just across the hallway in the dining room. After dinner, the lounge is the perfect place to relax in front of the fire, this room is large enough to entertain yet cosy enough for all the family to gather.
Let us lead you upstairs, it may take a while to get your bearings and that s why Lovely Hall lends itself beautifully for family members who may want some space of their own and here they can have their own wing! The first staircase leads to a half landing where you can step up to the right and you will find a fabulous lounge which is light and spacious and leads to two double bedrooms and a stylish contemporary bathroom. In the second bedroom a door takes you to a further staircase and up to two attic rooms which would be heavenly for kids to have their own den/playroom.
Back to the half landing and this time up to the left where you will find two more double bedrooms and the family bathroom which discretely sits off its own hallway and is fitted with a Fired Earth suite. The master bedroom on this floor has a refined elegance with a secret chinoiserie door which opens onto a dressing room and through to an ensuite shower room, also fitted with a Fired Earth suite.
There is a further staircase on this floor which passes by the large linen cupboard and up to the fifth bedroom, this is a serene room which we think would make the perfect art studio or hobby room as its flooded with light and has a wonderful view of the village.
Most of the rooms downstairs with exception of the flagged floors are fitted with natural coir flooring giving a sense of continuity and adding a warm homely feel. The sash windows to the front of the house are all framed by bespoke shutters to keep you perfectly private and ensure a great nights sleep.
- The setting
- For those longing to live in the charming village of Edgworth, this really has to be one of the most conveniently placed properties. There is so much countryside to explore virtually on your doorstep and Edgworth has it's own Community Hall, school, cricket green, and bowling green, and of course the well renowned ice cream shop which attracts people from all over the district. The views, amazing walks, stunning scenery, community spirit, pubs and restaurants are what make Edgworth, quite deservedly, in such high demand. Bolton, Bury and Manchester are all only a short drive or train journey away.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
When applying for a property with Alexandra West we require our application forms to be completed in full and the following original documents bringing in for us to make a copy of. We will also request a proposed move in date for you and we will work with that to process the application.
- Last 3 months bank statements (we need to see proof of your income and of your rent being paid)
- Last 3 months wage slips
- Photographic identification – i.e. UK or EU passport; if not available, then suitable Right To Rent documents MUST be provided, as per government list (please contact us for more details)
- Proof of current address: one of the following documents: Utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill) issued within the last three months; Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year; Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months; HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year; Electoral Register entry.
- Please contact the office if you have any queries regarding the information above.
- Single applicant - £250 inclusive of vat
- Joint applicant - £300 inclusive of vat
- Each additional applicant/guarantor - £75 inclusive of vat (where applicable)
The Application Fee is only refundable if the landlord withdraws the property otherwise non-refundable
On receipt of satisfactory references you will be offered a Tenancy, you will then be required to pay additional monies prior to signing of the Tenancy Agreement. These are as follows:
- The security deposit (Bond), Deposit amounts will vary on each property and personal circumstances but will be at a minimum equalling to one month’s rent plus £100.
- Your first month’s rent
The deposit is required straight away to fully secure the property for you. The first month rent is to be paid in cleared funds such as a bankers draft or bacs 3 working days before your move in date. We are able to accept personal or company cheques, but they must be paid to us 10 working days before your move in date. We are unable to accept payment by cash.
Please be aware that all tenancies will be Joint and Several Assured Shorthold Tenancies for a minimum period of 6 months.