- THE PROPERTY
- Quietly positioned with exceptional views over its own gardens and countryside beyond, Alpine Villa cannot fail to impress. The inherent traditional styling is seamlessly fused with modern amenities making this a practical family home yet keeping true to its Victorian heritage. The current vendors have a meticulous eye for detail and have updated the property to exacting standards and finished in a neutral décor presenting you with peace of mind that all you have to do is move in, unpack and enjoy the views! Outside there is plenty of parking with a driveway and detached double garage to the rear. The gardens wrap around the house and border open farmland to give a feeling of complete openness.
- THE ACCOMMODATION
- As you enter through the glazed conservatory at the front of this impressive property you will arrive at the main entrance which opens onto the hallway where you catch your first glimpse of the Victorian splendor of Alpine Villa. The high ceilings, deep skirting boards and ornate coving are a gentle reminder that this immaculately restored residence dates back to the 1800 s. The accommodation is centered from the hallway where you have a choice of different areas in which to entertain friends and family or space to spread out and enjoy some peace and quiet. The formal dining area, elegant and peaceful, overlooks the front garden and has a handy serving hatch to the kitchen. The study, also at the front of the house is the ideal place to get some work done if you can resist being distracted by the garden. Further along the hallway you have the lounge, a perfect room for entertaining, large enough for the entire family to gather whilst cosy enough to snuggle down in front of the log burner in the evenings which provides a wonderful focal point even when its not lit.
There is a further reception room at the back of the house, with beautiful views. It's a lovely place to relax with a book or listen to music. A utility room just off here provides access out to a rear courtyard in addition to a further rear entrance hallway. A ground floor shower room just along the hallway is handy if you were to utilise one of the ground floor reception rooms as a guest bedroom. The kitchen is beautifully appointed and has the most amazing views over surrounding countryside, and along with the Aga, cooking is no longer a chore.
Upstairs the natural light streams in from all angles and the spacious hallway leads off to the five double bedrooms and the house bathroom. There is an option to add a further bathroom should you not need all five bedrooms and don't forget you have the shower room downstairs too.
A basement with two separate rooms can be accessed off the hallway, handy for additional storage.
- THE LOCATION
- Hoddlesden is a small village in the borough of Blackburn with Darwen just 1.6 Miles from Darwen, 5 miles from Blackburn and 10 miles from Bolton. It's a pretty village with a mix of properties including quaint cottages reflecting it's industrial heritage where local industries included weaving and coal mining until the early 20th century.
If you love the great outdoors, then you are never far from open countryside in Hoddlesden and if you need to be close to the motorway then you are just a short drive from the M65 motorway.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Receptions
- Stunning Victorian residence
- Beautiful views
- Stunning features
- Five bedrooms
- Four receptions
- EPC RATING - D
When applying for a property with Alexandra West we require our application forms to be completed in full and the following original documents bringing in for us to make a copy of. We will also request a proposed move in date for you and we will work with that to process the application.
- Last 3 months bank statements (we need to see proof of your income and of your rent being paid)
- Last 3 months wage slips
- Photographic identification – i.e. UK or EU passport; if not available, then suitable Right To Rent documents MUST be provided, as per government list (please contact us for more details)
- Proof of current address: one of the following documents: Utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill) issued within the last three months; Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year; Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months; HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year; Electoral Register entry.
- Please contact the office if you have any queries regarding the information above.
- Single applicant - £250 inclusive of vat
- Joint applicant - £300 inclusive of vat
- Each additional applicant/guarantor - £75 inclusive of vat (where applicable)
The Application Fee is only refundable if the landlord withdraws the property otherwise non-refundable
On receipt of satisfactory references you will be offered a Tenancy, you will then be required to pay additional monies prior to signing of the Tenancy Agreement. These are as follows:
- The security deposit (Bond), Deposit amounts will vary on each property and personal circumstances but will be at a minimum equalling to one month’s rent plus £100.
- Your first month’s rent
The deposit is required straight away to fully secure the property for you. The first month rent is to be paid in cleared funds such as a bankers draft or bacs 3 working days before your move in date. We are able to accept personal or company cheques, but they must be paid to us 10 working days before your move in date. We are unable to accept payment by cash.
Please be aware that all tenancies will be Joint and Several Assured Shorthold Tenancies for a minimum period of 6 months.