- WELCOME TO GREYSTOKES
- The ground floor rooms flow easily around the central hallway, there is a large utility just off the hall, handy for all those muddy boots and wellies when you have been out enjoying the local walks. There is also a downstairs loo just through the utility room.
On the ground floor there is a lift, should you have a family member or guest that needs assistance. Its also handy for carrying all the washing downstairs or getting to bed after sharing a bottle of wine on the terrace whilst watching the sun go down.
The kitchen is sleek and practical with its gloss units and drawers, built in appliances and Granite surfaces. The dining area is adjacent to the kitchen and is open plan to the relaxing family room. Double doors open to both sides of this room which make it beautifully light and easy to make the most of the various seating areas when you decide to dine Alfresco or are entertaining friends.
If you want even more space simply slide the concealed wall back and you reveal the formal lounge and make an amazing big space. If you prefer separate rooms simply keep the wall closed and enjoy a cosy night in front of the log burner.
Take the first flight of stairs and arrive at the lovely big landing area which has an open study, this was planned to be partitioned off into a separate room but our clients love the open plan feel and it works brilliantly.
Double doors open onto the master bedroom which takes full advantage of the incredible views. Fitted furniture makes everything seamless here and there is a large en suite shower room with a multi-function shower.
The house bathroom with underfloor heating is the idyllic retreat with its twin basins, large walk in shower and luxury bathtub to de-stress after a long day.
There are two more double bedrooms on this floor, one with built in wardrobes and as you take the second flight of stairs you will find two more double rooms and another shower room. The flexibility of this house is immense, the kids would love this floor all to themselves!
- THE GROUNDS
- We have mentioned the parking, the garage and the views but we haven't yet mentioned the fabulous gardens. There are patio areas to dine from, a decked terrace to sunbathe on, wide planted borders to admire and lawns so well-manicured they're almost too good to be true, well, we will let you into a little secret.... Its artificial grass! and with weed proof membrane under all of the flowerbeds this is such an easy garden to maintain leaving you to soak up the surroundings and spend your time enjoying the setting of this fabulous family home.
- THE SETTING
- In the 1800's a wealthy mill owner bought a run-down pub on the outskirts of Edgworth village and donated it, along with 80 acres of surrounding land and £5,000 in order to open the first National Childrens Home outside London. Various buildings were erected and the village of Crowthorn was born. The school closed its doors in 2002 and the buildings were sold and this unique village has been transformed into an impressive residential development and what is arguably one of the most idyllic settings around. Greystokes was built in 2010 on the grounds of the matron's bungalow which was demolished to make way for this impressive three storey property which takes full advantage of the breathtaking views that surround it.
Moorside Road is a tranquil location that gives you the feeling you are 'in the middle of nowhere' yet you are within very easy reach of the motorway network with the M65, M66 and M62 just a short drive away so you certainly get the best of both worlds. You have the local amenities of Edgworth to hand with the primary school, shops, post office, doctor, pubs restaurants and the most amazing walks!
- OTHER INFORMATION
- Gas underfloor heating throughout the ground floor and first floor.
Mains gas, mains water, mains drainage.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
When applying for a property with Alexandra West we require our application forms to be completed in full and the following original documents bringing in for us to make a copy of. We will also request a proposed move in date for you and we will work with that to process the application.
- Last 3 months bank statements (we need to see proof of your income and of your rent being paid)
- Last 3 months wage slips
- Photographic identification – i.e. UK or EU passport; if not available, then suitable Right To Rent documents MUST be provided, as per government list (please contact us for more details)
- Proof of current address: one of the following documents: Utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill) issued within the last three months; Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year; Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months; HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year; Electoral Register entry.
- Please contact the office if you have any queries regarding the information above.
- Single applicant - £250 inclusive of vat
- Joint applicant - £300 inclusive of vat
- Each additional applicant/guarantor - £75 inclusive of vat (where applicable)
The Application Fee is only refundable if the landlord withdraws the property otherwise non-refundable
On receipt of satisfactory references you will be offered a Tenancy, you will then be required to pay additional monies prior to signing of the Tenancy Agreement. These are as follows:
- The security deposit (Bond), Deposit amounts will vary on each property and personal circumstances but will be at a minimum equalling to one month’s rent plus £100.
- Your first month’s rent
The deposit is required straight away to fully secure the property for you. The first month rent is to be paid in cleared funds such as a bankers draft or bacs 3 working days before your move in date. We are able to accept personal or company cheques, but they must be paid to us 10 working days before your move in date. We are unable to accept payment by cash.
Please be aware that all tenancies will be Joint and Several Assured Shorthold Tenancies for a minimum period of 6 months.