- A sense of arrival
- For the ultimate in country-home living, make your way through the historic village of Chapeltown, along a quiet leafy lane to the gated entrance of The Old Vicarage.
As peaceful a setting as you d anticipate for a house of this title, continue to the neatly paved driveway where this hidden gem peeps out from its privacy screening of mature trees and perfectly manicured gardens. Park up on the immense sweeping driveway in front of the double garage and you have arrived...Welcome home.
- Welcome home
- Step inside and glimpse into the heritage of this impressive home. Ahead the polished shine of luxury Amtico flooring reflects beneath the light flowing in through the glazed inner door. Step into the entrance hall, warm and welcoming where the stairs turn up to the right, drawing the light up through exposed and ornate spindles. Hang your coats and leave your shoes in the handy cloakroom to your right and get ready to explore the impressive accommodation within.
Elegance and grandeur combine in the formal dining room, located a little further on to the right. Deep white skirtings give way to rich burgundy walls, bordered by a traditional dado rail, above which soft cream tones rise up to the cornicing.
Tall windows, draped in plush red curtains, look out over the landscaped gardens; the perfect place to watch for dinner guests arriving through the tree-lined entrance.
A cast iron fireplace sits within its mahogany surround, a grand centrepiece to the room with its high ceilings and ornate architraves. A door leads through to the kitchen from here making dinner service a breeze.
Returning to the hall, note the traditional design of the slender cast-iron radiator. A perfect match for the creamy walls, embellished with white dado rails and tall white skirtings. This is a home with a true sense of splendour and tradition.
- Grace & Character
- At the end of the entrance hall, step through the partially glazed door on the left into the lounge.
Immediately sense the serene flow of light, entering from multiple windows around the room. So peaceful, so welcoming and so luxuriously spacious. Soft neutral décor complements the cream carpet whilst overhead, original cornicing decorates the ceiling. Taking centre-stage, a smooth marble surround houses a cast iron fireplace, atop a granite hearth, perfect for those cold winters nights.
So much room for your comfy sofa, chairs, coffee table and more. This is a magnificent entertaining space, and a real talking point for friends and visitors. Every element of this home has been lovingly preserved, cared for and maintained for an immaculate finish.
Continuing the motif of neutral décor, cream-toned, iridescent drapes line the high windows, inviting light in. Take a pew at the window seat, and soak up the incredible views both within and without The Old Vicarage.
A set of French doors opens out onto a peaceful patio, overlooking a grassy clearing lined with trees, through which a path leads enticingly into a secret side garden.
Relax in this lavish lounge with the curtains drawn, cosy in front of a roaring fire in the winter months, or with the doors thrown open to the blazing sun the clink of ice cubes cooling a refreshing drink on the patio in the summertime.
Step out into the hall, passing by the door leading down to the cellar great for storage on route to the kitchen.
- Culinary Classic
- Amtico flooring flows through from the entrance hall into the fabulous kitchen-breakfast room.
Smoothly-curved, fitted cream-coloured units contrast beautifully against the glossy granite worktops.
To the left, a series of units houses a freezer and a wine fridge. To the other side, more units brimming with storage line the walls, complete with an array of in-built appliances, including a Neff double oven with warming drawer, induction hob and overhead extractor, larder-style fridge and dishwasher.
Central to the kitchen is an island, brimming with cupboards and drawers and topped with glistening granite for a practical finish. Enjoy idyllic views out to the tiered garden from the kitchen or let the outside with the French doors which lead out to the patio and down into the side garden, so immaculately maintained Where better to enjoy the first coffee of the day!
For a traditional touch, stash your dried goods in the walk-in pantry. To the rear, a spacious back porch offers yet more storage and a stable door connects this rear atrium with the outdoors, ideally positioned close to the garage, so handy for bringing shopping in.
Returning to the heart of the home, to the far side of kitchen the room opens up, transforming itself into an expansive morning room with space for dining, entertaining or simply enjoying the views over the neighbouring countryside.
At the far end of this room you will find a handy storage room with built in cupboards, very practical and leading to a WC with its pretty tulip design
- Relax & unwind
- Returning to the hallway, take the wide, returning staircase emerging onto the first floor, the landing is filled with brightness; The Old Vicarage contains a pleasantly surprising amount of natural light for a home of this vintage.
Relax and unwind in the sumptuously-sized family bathroom to the right. So spacious and luxurious, an ornamental cast-iron fireplace to one side makes an attractive focal point, by the seating area. Where better to wrap up in a luxury cotton robe after an indulgent soak in the elegant roll-top bath?
Soothing pale walls are warmed by just a hint of lilac blush, whilst a white cast iron radiator adds its own warmth.
Centrally located, a vanity unit - containing ample storage and a sink unit - partitions a second area of the bathroom, home to the WC, bidet and walk-in shower alongside two large built-in storage cupboards.
- Effortless Elegance
- Across the landing, opposite the stairs, discover the enormous master bedroom.
Light illuminates the room through the large window, framing a peaceful outlook over the trees and greenery beyond. Sit in admiration of the view as you prepare for the day at your dressing table.
Stylish, yet understated, built-in wardrobes provide a wealth of storage. Soft taupe carpet, classic cream décor and feature floral wallpaper create a restful theme and the magnolia motif extends into the en-suite bathroom. Textured tiling continues where the pretty wallpaper ends, creating a functional and pleasing décor. So spacious, this en-suite contains a WC, bidet, shower and sink.
Returning to the landing, next on the right is another big and beautiful double bedroom, graced by an abundance of light flowing in through the windows. As with all four of the bedrooms on this floor, this second bedroom benefits from built-in storage, with a wall of contemporary fitted wardrobes.
Tall ceilings and dado rails nod to the heritage of the home, whilst the décor of the room is another example of the neutral, tasteful scheme which is recurrent throughout The Old Vicarage; a home you can write upon with the colours and patterns of your own story.
Accents of colour embellish the more modestly-sized of the four bedrooms on this level, located next door. A dreamy single bedroom, dressed in powder-blue patterned wallpaper,that creates a serene and soothing space.
Walk-in wardrobes provide ample storage for clothes, toys or books. Again, verdant views of the gardens below are a pleasure to behold.
Sneak a peek at the fourth bedroom on this level, at the end of the landing. Another large double, with fitted wardrobes and creamy wallpaper embellished with shimmering silvery trees.
Take the staircase up to the second floor, where three more bountiful bedrooms await.
Two equally-sized high-ceilinged bedrooms mirror one another, both looking out over the impressive gardens of The Old Vicarage. Perfect for those with children, no arguing over who gets the biggest room here!
With so many capaciously-sized bedrooms on offer, why not create your own luxury master suite on the penthouse floor? With space for an en-suite bathroom and dressing room, enjoy total privacy in the heavens of The Old Vicarage.
A third, enormous and elegantly decorated bedroom, is the final bedroom on this floor. Dressed in soft sage with a delicate pattern of birds and vines, and pale pistachio carpet, this refreshing and revitalising bedroom is the ultimate sanctuary.
Two built-in wardrobes, harbouring so much storage, rise up to the crisp white ceiling above. Perfect for guests, so peaceful and private with divine views through the window to the side garden.
- More to explore
- A mixture of formal and hidden gardens makes up the grounds surrounding The Old Vicarage. Designed to be loved and lived in, discover the many seating areas sprinkled about.
Sit and relax with afternoon tea whilst the little ones play on the lavishly sized lawn and you plan your next garden party or even a wedding...after all, where better to host those special occasions?
Stroll amidst the ornamental borders, rest on the bench in front of the sheltering stone wall. Take afternoon tea in the summer house, wander the tree-lined pathways and discover stone statues and more.
Behind the kitchen, the patio leads on to numerous seating areas, perfect for catching the sunshine, and backing on to open fields beyond.
Exquisite planting reveals borders brimming with colour and scent. From the delicate twisted hazel to the towering mature trees, nature is in full-flow in the grounds surrounding The Old Vicarage.
Utterly private, so peaceful; welcome to your very own paradise.
- Out and about
- Ancient Chapeltown dates back to medieval times, yet its quaint stone-fronted cottages hint more to its Victorian heritage. Towards the centre of the village, St Anne s, a Grade II-listed church whose origins date back to this period.
Perfectly positioned at the centre of a series of reservoirs, The Old Vicarage is ideally located for lovers of nature and the outdoors. Take a trip to nearby Jumbles Country Park, where you can pop the pooch on a lead and tour the banks of the reservoir or enjoy a picnic in the woodland, or coffee and cake at the café. A little closer you have the impressive Wayoh and Entwistle Reservoirs for more walks and wildlife.
An assortment of amenities are also on hand within nearby Edgworth, including a selection of local shops, a doctors , dentist, post office and hairdresser and a number of nurseries and primary schools are close at hand, with Turton Edgworth C of E Methodist Primary School and Eagley Junior School nearby.
Commuting couldn t be easier from The Old Vicarage, with road links into Bolton, Bury, Blackburn and beyond.
For the peace and tranquillity of village life, in one of the most idyllic and secluded locations, The Old Vicarage is a home in which to live and love for the long term.
Exceptionally maintained inside and out, all that is left for you to do is to begin your new chapter
- 6 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Stunning country home
- Superb location and views
- Accommodation over three floors
- Three reception rooms
- Seven bedrooms
- EPC RATING - F
When applying for a property with Alexandra West we require our application forms to be completed in full and the following original documents bringing in for us to make a copy of. We will also request a proposed move in date for you and we will work with that to process the application.
- Last 3 months bank statements (we need to see proof of your income and of your rent being paid)
- Last 3 months wage slips
- Photographic identification – i.e. UK or EU passport; if not available, then suitable Right To Rent documents MUST be provided, as per government list (please contact us for more details)
- Proof of current address: one of the following documents: Utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill) issued within the last three months; Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year; Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months; HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year; Electoral Register entry.
- Please contact the office if you have any queries regarding the information above.
- Single applicant - £250 inclusive of vat
- Joint applicant - £300 inclusive of vat
- Each additional applicant/guarantor - £75 inclusive of vat (where applicable)
The Application Fee is only refundable if the landlord withdraws the property otherwise non-refundable
On receipt of satisfactory references you will be offered a Tenancy, you will then be required to pay additional monies prior to signing of the Tenancy Agreement. These are as follows:
- The security deposit (Bond), Deposit amounts will vary on each property and personal circumstances but will be at a minimum equalling to one month’s rent plus £100.
- Your first month’s rent
The deposit is required straight away to fully secure the property for you. The first month rent is to be paid in cleared funds such as a bankers draft or bacs 3 working days before your move in date. We are able to accept personal or company cheques, but they must be paid to us 10 working days before your move in date. We are unable to accept payment by cash.
Please be aware that all tenancies will be Joint and Several Assured Shorthold Tenancies for a minimum period of 6 months.