- THE PROPERTY
- Venture a mile out of the village of Edgworth, along Broadhead Road and leave all the hustle and bustle behind whilst you take in all the beautiful scenery around you. Pass the paddock to the front of Edgworth Moor Farm and catch your first glimpse of the property. Drive through the imposing wrought iron gates, along the private lane and you have arrived! It's here you will want to take a few minutes to admire the view... the ponies grazing in the paddock, the geese having a dip in the pond at the side of the house and the rolling hills in the distance... you've escaped to the country.
Set in approximately five acres, this substantial farmhouse is currently configured into three adjoining dwellings including a self-contained three bedroom cottage with separate kitchen and bathroom, a self contained converted Shippon with bedroom, shower room kitchen/open plan living space and of course the main dwelling with three reception rooms and five bedrooms. The property offers extremely flexible accommodation that can be re-configured as a nine bedroom house if you need extra space...the choice is yours.
Externally there is extensive parking, four stables, two field shelters and two garages.
- THE ACCOMMODATION
- Step into the porch and open the door onto a lovely seating area, a great spot to sit whilst putting your boots on before heading out in the countryside. There is another entrance porch at the back of the house where you can get straight through to the utility which is ideal if you have your muddy wellies or riding gear on.
From the front porch come through to the grand reception hall where a centre staircase gives you a glimpse of the first floor and the scale of the accommodation here at Edgworth Moor Farm. Imagine your Christmas tree taking pride of place here! From the hall the accommodation flows beautifully. To your left you have a formal dining area leading to the kitchen and also the conservatory... the perfect spot to relax and enjoy the scenery. The farmhouse kitchen is the hub of the home with its cream units and fabulous red AGA with its warm glow. There is plenty of space for less formal dining here and at the opposite end of the kitchen a door leads through to the lounge, a fabulous place for all the family to gather. You may notice an alcove in the lounge where the photo gallery hangs, this is where the connecting door to the cottage once was. It would be very easy to re-connect the main house and the cottage if you preferred. If not then you have a cottage for guests to stay when they visit.
Now if you follow us up stairs you will arrive at the large landing area where we have access to the bedrooms. There are four doubles, one single, a shower room and a bathroom.
You will notice from the floorplan that if you re-opened the access to the cottage you would have a further three bedrooms and a bathroom making this 7 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. In addition to the accommodation already mentioned, if you walk to the back of the house there is a converted shipon which is totally self contained and is made up of a fabulous open plan lounge with kitchen, a double bedroom and a shower room.
Perfect for guests or maybe a holiday let?
- THE SETTING & LOCATION
- Edgworth Moor Farm is situated on the outskirts of the picturesque village of Edgworth 19 Miles from Manchester city centre, 8 Miles from Bury town centre and 8 Miles from Bolton town centre. Edgworth is an extremely sought after semi-rural village with its own shops, pubs and restaurants with a real sense of community. The scenery is simply stunning and at Edgworth Moor Farm you really are immersed in it with beautiful countryside on your doorstep yet its far from isolated as you are within easy reach of the motorway network with the M65, M66 and M62 just a short drive away.
- 9 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- 6 Receptions
When applying for a property with Alexandra West we require our application forms to be completed in full and the following original documents bringing in for us to make a copy of. We will also request a proposed move in date for you and we will work with that to process the application.
- Last 3 months bank statements (we need to see proof of your income and of your rent being paid)
- Last 3 months wage slips
- Photographic identification – i.e. UK or EU passport; if not available, then suitable Right To Rent documents MUST be provided, as per government list (please contact us for more details)
- Proof of current address: one of the following documents: Utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill) issued within the last three months; Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year; Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months; HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year; Electoral Register entry.
- Please contact the office if you have any queries regarding the information above.
- Single applicant - £250 inclusive of vat
- Joint applicant - £300 inclusive of vat
- Each additional applicant/guarantor - £75 inclusive of vat (where applicable)
The Application Fee is only refundable if the landlord withdraws the property otherwise non-refundable
On receipt of satisfactory references you will be offered a Tenancy, you will then be required to pay additional monies prior to signing of the Tenancy Agreement. These are as follows:
- The security deposit (Bond), Deposit amounts will vary on each property and personal circumstances but will be at a minimum equalling to one month’s rent plus £100.
- Your first month’s rent
The deposit is required straight away to fully secure the property for you. The first month rent is to be paid in cleared funds such as a bankers draft or bacs 3 working days before your move in date. We are able to accept personal or company cheques, but they must be paid to us 10 working days before your move in date. We are unable to accept payment by cash.
Please be aware that all tenancies will be Joint and Several Assured Shorthold Tenancies for a minimum period of 6 months.