This is a rare development opportunity to create something very special and totally unique. Where old meets new, the scheme will be made up of three historical buildings which will be retained and re-modelled whilst adding three new houses to the mix resulting in an exclusive development of up to eight properties.
- LEA GATE FARM
- Lea Gate Farm has been in the same family for decades and now the time has come for this local treasure to be developed and re-invented for future generations to admire.
The farm was one of ten working farms around Harwood and Bradshaw and stood within its own grazing land. In the 60's the majority of farmland in the area was sold for development but the farm buildings at Lea Gate remained and farming continued until 2005. The distinctive building at the front of the site is the Farmhouse with its attached cottage and dairy. The farmhouse is Grade ll* listed ensuring the historic fabric of the building and the inherent character is preserved. Originally thought to have been one dwelling, then later divided into three cottages, the farmhouse is now made up of two dwellings plus the dairy.
The Barn is grade ll listed with unusual detail including a blessing stone to the side gable bearing the date 1729 and making this building extra special. The Shippon is sited next to the barn and this building is not listed, again with some fabulous features and inherent character you would hope to find on a building of this type.
- THE PROPOSAL
- This is a rare development opportunity to create something very special and totally unique. Where old meets new, the scheme will be made up of three historical buildings which will be retained and re-modelled whilst adding three new houses to the mix resulting in an exclusive development of up to eight properties.
The farmhouse is in need of renovation and offers enormous potential. The inherent features of this building are superb. You will need listed building consent to renovate this beautiful old building as it has a Grade ll* listed status.
There is a stone dairy at the back of this building which could be incorporated into this renovation.
The Barn is Grade ll listed and would need planning permission for conversion to residential use. Again, the barn has superb character and offers enormous potential to create a fabulous property.
The shippon is not listed and planning permission has already been granted to convert this building into two houses.
In addition to the renovation and conversion of the three existing buildings, planning permission has been granted for three new houses towards the rear of the site, these will form one block of three which all have gardens and parking.
The development will create an attractive courtyard with dwellings on three sides, off road parking and private gardens.
The stone walls will be retained and also the cobbled courtyard which will be improved.
- THE SETTING
- The external stone walls of the barn and shippon run alongside Lea Gate creating a natural screen from the road. It's not easy to see the site from the road but pass through the stone gate posts and into the cobbled driveway and here you will see the site in all its glory. The setting is discreetly tucked away yet in the heart of the village and within a stone's throw of the shops and amenities. Doctor, dentist, optician, post office, hairdressers and beauty salons galore all make up the rich tapestry of Harwood village. The village is extremely convenient for schools and buses to both Bolton and Bury and you are just a short drive from Hall ith Wood and Bromley Cross train stations for direct trains to Manchester.
- Development opportunity
- Grade 11* listed Farmhouse
- Grade ll listed Detached barn
- Detached shippon with Planning permission
- Planning permission for 3 new builds
- Unique setting
When applying for a property with Alexandra West we require our application forms to be completed in full and the following original documents bringing in for us to make a copy of. We will also request a proposed move in date for you and we will work with that to process the application.
- Last 3 months bank statements (we need to see proof of your income and of your rent being paid)
- Last 3 months wage slips
- Photographic identification – i.e. UK or EU passport; if not available, then suitable Right To Rent documents MUST be provided, as per government list (please contact us for more details)
- Proof of current address: one of the following documents: Utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill) issued within the last three months; Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year; Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months; HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year; Electoral Register entry.
- Please contact the office if you have any queries regarding the information above.
- Single applicant - £250 inclusive of vat
- Joint applicant - £300 inclusive of vat
- Each additional applicant/guarantor - £75 inclusive of vat (where applicable)
The Application Fee is only refundable if the landlord withdraws the property otherwise non-refundable
On receipt of satisfactory references you will be offered a Tenancy, you will then be required to pay additional monies prior to signing of the Tenancy Agreement. These are as follows:
- The security deposit (Bond), Deposit amounts will vary on each property and personal circumstances but will be at a minimum equalling to one month’s rent plus £100.
- Your first month’s rent
The deposit is required straight away to fully secure the property for you. The first month rent is to be paid in cleared funds such as a bankers draft or bacs 3 working days before your move in date. We are able to accept personal or company cheques, but they must be paid to us 10 working days before your move in date. We are unable to accept payment by cash.
Please be aware that all tenancies will be Joint and Several Assured Shorthold Tenancies for a minimum period of 6 months.